SaaS and Tech Startups
Engage SBO to be your finance partner from inception to IPO. Because structuring your finances properly from the start is a game-changer.
We provide tailored advice and market-specific analysis to ensure your SaaS company or tech startup thirives. We also fine-tune your pricing and business model to ensure profitability is built from the ground up.
Make us your outsourced CFO, or engage our accounting management, bookkeeping or tax services.
We answer the questions that keep you up at night:
- What’s my burn rate and runway?
- How do I calculate my LTV and CAC?
- How do I build a financial forecast for cash flow planning?
- My investors need me to report financial metrics and KPIs – what information do I provide them?
- How do I best structure my cap table and what documents do my investors need?
How it works
Step 1: Get the house in order
- We help streamline your expenses, revenue and bookkeeping systems with smart software like Xero and other applications.
- We establish visibility into the financial health of your business – what’s coming in, what’s going out and how much is left.
Step 2: Set quantified growth goals
- Once we’ve got a firm understanding of your business, we work with you to translate your strategic growth goals into achievable, quantified steps in the form of a 3-way financial budget.
- As part of this process, we illuminate any blindspots with your strategy and produce financial insights into what you might need to change in order to achieve your goals. This includes things like:
> How much will growth cost in overheads and expenses, and how do we fund this growth?
> Do we need to review your pricing / revenue model in order to achieve these goals?
Step 3: Manage growth and obligations
- Once we’ve established and quantified your goals, we’ll monitor the business’ growth and progress. We’ll track what’s going well, and what needs to change.
- Because we’re embedded with our clients, we’re always there to advise you when the unexpected happens.
- We also manage your books, lodge your BAS and run payroll to ensure you’re compliant with the ATO and your finance function is a well-oiled machine.